I was wanting to post this on my birthday but I was too busy celebrating.. and that’s how it should be, right?! I like to make an entire weekend spending time with the people that are most important to me! Celebrating for four days straight might be a little excessive, but it was so much fun! So on the 22nd I turned 22!! Whoop, whoop!! This birthday I really took time to reflect on the past years and what I have learned. Since I am sooo old now 😉 I wanted to share 22 things I have learned over the years. This was a lot harder than I thought, so I hope you can learn something that I have!
1. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone.
2. It’s okay to say “no”
3. People will forget what you say but will always remember how you made them feel.
4. Know your worth is not defined by a number- your size, weight, or amount in your bank account.
5. Expectations = Disappointment
6. Less is more.
7. Surround yourself around people you admire, you will eventually pick up those admirable personality traits.
8. Do what makes YOU happy, don’t worry about what others think. If it makes you happy then do it!
9. Forgive yourself. You aren’t perfect and never will be.
10. It is not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.
11. You don’t have to act like you have it all together, you are only fooling yourself.
12. Don’t worry about the little things, the little things don’t matter.
13. It is okay to ask for help.
14. Don’t be ashamed of your past, it’s just a chapter of your story not the entire book.
15. You will not always end up where you thought, but you will always end up where you are suppose to be.
16. Speak wisely, your words are a reflection of your heart.
17. Real fulfillment comes from giving to others rather than receiving.
18. Always, ALWAYS take the high road.
19. Live in the moment.
20. Forgiving is not just for others but ultimately to help yourself.
21. Find it to be a compliment when people come to you only when they need you. You are a candle in their darkness.
22. Your relationship with God is the greatest relationship you will ever have.
I am learning something new on a daily basis and I hope to continue to add to this list as the years go on. My birthday wish is that you may have taken away something on that list that better help you in your life!!
Now, Shine Like A Diemond, Babe!